This lesson contains 32 slides, with interactive quizzes, text slides and 2 videos.
Items in this lesson
Slide 1 - Slide
Let's review our last unit to get us ready for our new learning!
Get ready to play Kahoot!
Slide 2 - Slide
Slide 3 - Link
Let's see what Mrs. Frizzle has for us...
get ready for the Magic Schoolbus!
Slide 4 - Slide
Slide 5 - Link
Use the FlipGrid link in your Google Classroom to record your reflection and thoughts about how our Kahoot review and the Magic School Bus video relate to electricity and circuits.
Slide 6 - Slide
I can demonstrate that electric circuits require a complete loop through which an electric current can pass
Slide 7 - Slide
1. In your groups, explore the contents of your paper bag. You should have one battery, three light bulbs, electrical wire, a switch, and three battery holders.
2. Use the materials to create an object that is powered by the battery. You may select up to three additional objects from the classroom “Science pantry”, if needed.
3. Create a group Discovery Education Studio Builder. In the first section of the studio builder, work collaboratively to explain what object you created and what steps you took to produce a working model.
Slide 8 - Slide
In your groups, access the Gizmos activity on the next slide.
Your objective is to:
light one bulb
then light two bulbs
and then light three bulbs
In your Science notebooks, draw a diagram for each scenario above.
Slide 9 - Slide
Slide 10 - Link
Let's dig in deeper!
Slide 11 - Slide
Slide 12 - Video
You've had time to explore electrical circuits.
Now let's discuss WHY circuits work using a read-aloud text.
Ready, set, go!
Slide 13 - Slide
Slide 14 - Slide
What is a circuit?
Slide 15 - Open question
Pause & Think
1. Discuss your definition of "circuit" with your group.
2. Then, as a group, add your definition of "circuit" to the
second portion of your Discovery Education Studio Builder
(*remember this is linked in your Google Classroom).