This lesson contains 5 slides, with interactive quiz and text slides.
Items in this lesson
Slide 1 - Slide
More about me...
1. Who is your hero?
My hero is my daughter who overcame the worst type of pneumonia a couple of years ago when she was only 5. Two surgeries and 16 days in intensive care. She really has a strong spirit within and never gives up!
2. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I really want to live in Washington. I have always been drawn to that area.
3. What makes you laugh the most?
I love good comedy that laughs at everyday situations and is so honest that it just makes you laugh. I have not found any good ones from the U.S since I moved here, but in Britain, Peter Kay is good.
4. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
If I could choose to do anything for the day it would be to sit by a stretch of water in the sunshine and read a good book, meditate, and walk around exploring.
5. What would you sing at Karaoke night?
At karaoke night, I would sing "That's Life" sung by many a crooner. Sums the life cycle up perfectly!
Slide 2 - Slide
Write an Opinion Essay
An opinion essay is where you tell your reader how you feel about a topic. Choose ONE prompt from below, and work through the writing process to express your views, and state your case!
1. The school day should be shorter.
2. Students should be allowed to bring cell phones to school.
Slide 3 - Slide
1. Choose your topic
2. Agree or disagree - brainstorm
3. Find someone who agrees with you, and Rally Robin to share your reasoning (3 mins).
4. Travel Pair Share to hear 2 opposition opinions and 1 in support of yours.