This lesson contains 17 slides, with interactive quizzes and text slides.
Lesson duration is: 45 min
Items in this lesson
or videoland, amazon prime, disney +
Slide 1 - Slide
What to expect?
Introduction (before watching)
Student activity (while watching)
Movie/series review (after watching)
Lesson goal: Practise active listening & learn new words.
Slide 2 - Slide
Introduction (before watching):
Pick out a movie or series by reading the
description and watching the trailer.
Please put your subtitles in the English language.
Slide 3 - Slide
Here is a list of questions. Read through these questions before watching the film/series and answer them all as you watch or afterwards. Explain in detail please!
Slide 4 - Slide
What is the title of your chosen show/movie?
Slide 5 - Open question
1. Who are the main characters? Please describe...
Slide 6 - Open question
2. How are the main characters dressed and what does this tell us about them?
Slide 7 - Open question
3. In what time is the movie/series set and how do you know?
Slide 8 - Open question
4. Are there any other important characters? Who are they and why are they important?
Slide 9 - Open question
5. While watching you will hear some new words. Write them down in a list below and translate them to Dutch by looking them up online or in the dictionary. (This way you will add some new words to your vocabulary.) 10 NEW ENGLISH WORDS Translation in Dutch Example: in the meantime ondertussen Make a list: 1 t/m 10.
Slide 10 - Open question
Answer the question with at least 4 sentences.
Slide 11 - Slide
Your rating: How many stars does this movie/series deserve according to you?
Slide 12 - Quiz
1. Which of the characters impressed you the most? Explain.
Slide 13 - Open question
2. Which part of the film/series do you like the best? Explain why.
Slide 14 - Open question
3. What were your feelings towards the conclusion of the film/series? If you were the writer, how could you have ended the story?
Slide 15 - Open question
4. Would you recommend this film/series to a friend? If yes, why? If no, why not?