Breaking the law – can and can’t – have to – illegal – let – mustn’t – not allowed – permitted – prohibited – required
1. It is ___________________________ to smoke in the washroom.
2. Passengers are not ________________________________ to enter the cockpit at any time.
3. You are ____________________________ to leave your seat during take-off and landing.
4. Carrying anything explosive onto a plane is ____________________________.
5. The cabin crew ______________________________ inform passengers of safety procedures in the event of an accident at the beginning of every flight.
6. All passengers flying to and from the US are __________________________ to carry a machine-readable passport.
7. The man was not _____________________________ on board because he appeared to be carrying suspicious goods in his hand luggage.
8. It is _____________________________ to fly a plane without a license.
9. Hand luggage can be taken into the cabin _______________________________ contain any dangerous or flammable items.
10. Flight regulations clearly state what passengers ____________________ bring onto a plane.
**Complete the sentences with the words and phrases in the box. In some cases, more than one answer is possible.**