In deze les zitten 24 slides, met interactieve quizzen en tekstslides.
Lesduur is: 50 min
Onderdelen in deze les
Slide 1 - Tekstslide
what do you think the biggest threats to the world are at the moment?
Slide 2 - Open vraag
Slide 3 - Tekstslide
Match the questions to the answers about climate change.
1. What is climate change?
2. What is the ‘greenhouse effect?’
3. What is the evidence of global warming?
4. How will the weather change?
5. What is the international community doing?
Slide 4 - Tekstslide
How "green" are you?
Do the following quiz to find out how ‘green’ you are.
Check the answers with your teacher afterwards.
One point for every correct answer.
Slide 5 - Tekstslide
1) You are busy in your house tidying up going from room to room spending 5 to 10 minutes in each. Which is the best way to save energy?
a) Switch the lights on and off every time you move from room to room.
b) Keep the lights on as you move about the house.
Slide 6 - Tekstslide
2) You are hungry and want to bake a potato. Which method is ‘greener’?
a) Put it in an electric oven for an hour
b) Quickly zap it in the microwave
Slide 7 - Tekstslide
3) You are thirsty so you go to a café to buy a drink. What do you choose?
a) A bottle of mineral water
b) A cup of coffee in a polystyrene cup
Slide 8 - Tekstslide
4) You need a new shirt / blouse and there are two that you like in the shop. You look at the label and see that one is made of 100% pure natural cotton and the other is 50% polyester. You want to be as environmentally friendly as you can.
Which one do you choose?
a) The 100% cotton shirt
b) The 50% polyester shirt
Slide 9 - Tekstslide
Do you leave the tap on when you brush your teeth?
Slide 10 - Tekstslide
6) As well as putting their health and the health of those around them in danger, smokers also put the environment in danger.
Slide 11 - Tekstslide
7) Which is the ‘greenest’ way to wash your clothes?
a) Machine wash in cold water
b) Hand wash in hot water
Slide 12 - Tekstslide
8) Which form of transport is better for the environment?
a) Driving by car
b) Flying by plane
Slide 13 - Tekstslide
9) When you go to the supermarket how do you take your shopping home?
a) In plastic carrier bags from the supermarket
b) In your own bag or basket
Slide 14 - Tekstslide
10) If you have the choice, how do you prefer to buy a cold drink in a café?
a) In a can
b) In a glass bottle
Slide 15 - Tekstslide
How many did you get right?
Slide 16 - Tekstslide
Get in to groups of five or six
Slide 17 - Tekstslide
copy one chart per group.
Slide 18 - Tekstslide
How did your team do?
Now read the statements on the next slide, they have been taken from an online message board.
Slide 19 - Tekstslide
Slide 20 - Tekstslide
• Who do you agree with most? • Who do you disagree with?
Slide 21 - Open vraag
• What would you write to the message board? Put your message here.
Slide 22 - Open vraag
In groups of five or six.....
Climate Change – Discussion Statements
Read your statement, you have two minutes to discuss.
Pass your statement to the group on your right and discuss your new statement for 2 minutes.