In deze les zitten 46 slides, met interactieve quizzen, tekstslides en 2 videos.
Lesduur is: 90 min
Onderdelen in deze les
The Water ghost of Harrowby Hall
Slide 1 - Tekstslide
1. The subtitle Time M for murder comes from another well knows story. Find the story and the author and write them down.
Slide 2 - Tekstslide
Slide 3 - Tekstslide
Slide 4 - Tekstslide
2. How many letters do you start out with in scrabble and what can you do with a blank tile?
3. What is a ‘smug’ expression. Please explain it in English
4. Look up what a clipper is.
5. Where is Mount Kilimanjaro located and why is it so famous?
Slide 5 - Tekstslide
Slide 6 - Tekstslide
Kilimanjaro is very popular with both experienced hikers and first time adventurers because it is considered to be the easiest of the seven summits. ... Kilimanjaro stands on its own. Kilimanjaro is not only Africa's tallest peak, but also the world's tallest free standing mountain.
Slide 7 - Tekstslide
6. What does the word Jinxed mean? Explain in English
7. Write down the names of the other Tellytubbies
8. What is the word for a word that has multiple meanings? (e.g. the letter B and the insect a bee and the verb to fly and the insect)
Slide 8 - Tekstslide
9. Who do we measure the strength of earthquakes and what is the highest it can go?
10. Watch the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Does the man deserve to die?
Slide 9 - Tekstslide
Slide 10 - Tekstslide
• Why is it typical that he chokes in the letter B?
cousin Harold died when he swallowed a bee (an insect)
Slide 11 - Tekstslide
Do you believe a house can be haunted?
I am not sure
Slide 12 - Poll
Do you believe in ghosts?
I am not sure
Slide 13 - Poll
Have you ever felt the presence of a supernatural being?
I am not sure
Slide 14 - Poll
One in four British people (39%) believe that a house can be haunted by some kind of supernatural being, and almost as many (34%) think that ghosts actually exist.
Slide 15 - Tekstslide
Slide 16 - Tekstslide
Slide 17 - Video
Slide 18 - Link
Slide 19 - Tekstslide
een essentieel onderdeel
je uiterste best doen
walgelijk / giftig
sine qua non
to do you utmost
Slide 20 - Sleepvraag
Slide 21 - Video
1+2: What time of the year does the ghost appear and how long does it stay?
Slide 22 - Open vraag
3. How did the owners try to prevent the ghost from appearing?
Slide 23 - Open vraag
8. Describe what the ghost looks like.
Slide 24 - Open vraag
4+5 What does the ghost do? and what happens to the owners (what effect does she have?)
Slide 25 - Open vraag
6. What does the ghost do when the room is empty?
Slide 26 - Open vraag
7.What does it mean when everything got a ducking?
Slide 27 - Open vraag
9.Mention 3 ways the water ghost prevents the owner from staying warm
Slide 28 - Open vraag
10.+11. How long has she haunted Harrowby Hall? Does she like to haunt Harrowby Hall?
Slide 29 - Open vraag
12. Explain: “My humor is drier than yours will ever be.”
Slide 30 - Open vraag
14. Why did she commit suicide and who was to blame?
Slide 31 - Open vraag
13. Why does she have to haunt Harrowby Hall?
Slide 32 - Open vraag
15. Why is she a water ghost?
Slide 33 - Open vraag
16. Why can’t he just sell the place?
Slide 34 - Open vraag
17. What happened to the owner of Harrowby Hall?
Slide 35 - Open vraag
18. Where is his son and what happens?
Slide 36 - Open vraag
19. What are the consequences financially?
Slide 37 - Open vraag
20. What are the consequences socially?
Slide 38 - Open vraag
21. Whom does he try to persuade to stay in the room on Christmas eve?
Slide 39 - Open vraag
22.+23. Explain his first scheme to get rid of the ghost. Why will this never work?
Slide 40 - Open vraag
24.+25. How does the owner prepare for his second scheme? And what's the plan?
Slide 41 - Open vraag
26. How does the ghost’s character change?
Slide 42 - Open vraag
27. What will he do with the ghost afterwards?
Slide 43 - Open vraag
If you want to learn more about Britain's ghost stories: