In deze les zitten 34 slides, met interactieve quiz, tekstslides en 4 videos.
Onderdelen in deze les
Slide 1 - Tekstslide
what information do we find in newspapers?
Slide 2 - Woordweb
Let's watch newsround.
What kind of news is given?
Slide 3 - Tekstslide
Slide 4 - Link
Slide 5 - Link
Slide 6 - Link
Slide 7 - Link
Write down the list of articles and information that you find in a Newspaper, include other things that may not necessarily be news.
Slide 8 - Tekstslide
- In your group divide the tasks of who will write which article.
- Each group gets a pile of various articles.
- Individually: read the article about your topic. Highlight key information
Answer: What is it about? Where does it take place? When does it take place? Who is important in the article? Why is the article important? Or answer why some things happened. How did it happen?
Slide 9 - Tekstslide
Slide 10 - Video
Find A Story
What surprises you?
What shocks you?
What moves you?
Look around, search on the internet find a story you want to tell
Slide 11 - Tekstslide
Use the 5 W's
Who was involved
Where did it take place
When did it happen
Why did it happen
Slide 12 - Tekstslide
Choose 4 topics that you would like to write a news report about.
Here are some options that you can write about:
1. Religion. Different religious settings and places of worship have bonds that bring their followers together. Some of these religious groups also tend to be healthy and glued together by the values they share.
2. War. Various wars have created a rift in different social settings; for example, people from Arabian countries are strictly on what they can post on social media.
3. Social media and (cyber)bullying. Bullying can cause suicidal thoughts and changes in a person’s behavior.
4. Materialism. Fashion and lifestyle trends can have an impact on how both teenagers and adults communicate with each other in society.
5. Obesity and social life. Body shaming is also an issue that affects how people interact in a social setting.
Slide 13 - Tekstslide
6. Education. Educational disparity, which also impacts one’s financial status, may also be a cause for social differences in society.
7. Poverty and social life. Economic and financial status may also cause a difference among people.
8. National pride and identity. These two also determine how people communicate with one another.
9. The internet versus social life. The internet also differentiates how people interact with one another.
10. The power of advertisements. Different types of products also define different types of people.
11. Racism. Racism is one of the types of categorization in the contemporary world that ultimately affects how people interact socially.
12. Gender discrimination and anti-harassment movements that are popular, especially at places of work, social media, or other social settings, also affect people’s social lives.