Yes, - onderwerp - werkwoord
No, - onderwerp - werkwoord + not
Is your sister 16 years old? Do they have a car?
Yes, she is. Yes, they do.
No, she isn't (No, she is not) No, they don't (No, they do not)
1. Did you do the groceries yesterday ? (+)
2. Was Timothy late for school today ? (-)
3. Could your sister play the piano when she was 6 ? (+)
4. Can you come over to my house right now? (-)
5. Are you his brother ? (-)
1. Yes, I / we did.
2. No, he wasn't.
3. Yes, she could.
4. No, I / we can't.
5. No, I am not.